Maple Flake Crusted Chicken
6 ea (6 oz) chicken breast
½ cup olive oil
2 ea shallots, chopped
1 ea fresh rosemary stalk
1 cup Japanese bread crumb (panko)
½ cup medium Maple Flakes
1 tablespoon chopped herbs
1 pinch ground white pepper
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter
1. Marinate the chicken breast with olive oil, shallots and rosemary stalk for 4 hours
2. Mix together the panko, maple flakes, chopped herbs, salt and pepper
3. Pan sear the chicken breast on both side and let rest for 3 minutes.
4. Place the Dijon mustard on top of the chicken breast and cover with the panko/maple
5. Drizzle the clarified butter on the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 350
degrees until done.
Recipe by Daniel LaGarde, CEC, Executive Chef, Do More With Maple!
© 2009 Québec Delegation Chicago
source: M. Laport
Click here to download
and print a PDF version
of the recipe.