Maple Hazelnut Coffee Crusted Veal with Caramelized Apple
1 tablespoon sea salt or Kosher salt
1 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons maple sugar
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper, table grind
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ tablespoons ground hazelnut coffee
1 ½ lbs veal tenderloin
¼ cup grape seed oil
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Store in an airtight container.
1. Coat entirely the Veal tenderloin with the coffee crust
2. Heat a sauté pan with the oil and sear the veal on both sides
3. Finish cooking in a 350 degrees preheated oven until done medium rare.
4. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and slice.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ea Granny Smith apple
1 tablespoon maple sugar
2 tablespoon apple vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Peel, core and slice the apples.
2. In a sauté pan, heat butter, add sliced apples and maple sugar, cook until it
3. Add the apple vinegar, sauté till tender add salt and pepper.
Recipe by Daniel LaGarde, CEC, Executive Chef, Do More With Maple!
© 2009 Québec Delegation Chicago
source: M. Laport
Click here to download
and print a PDF version
of the recipe.